23 December 2008

"Frozen" by Within Temptation

This song is, well, sad. Depressing is probably not the best word even though some of this band's songs are very depressing. I think this song is about a person (the singer) who did something (illegal maybe?) for the person he/she loved. The video for "Frozen" supports this(wow..I sound like a science teacher or something). It is about a mother who poisons an abusive father for the sake of her daughter. The chorus says:

Tell me I'm frozen
But what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons
I did it for you
When lies turn into truth
I'd sacrifce for you
You say that I'm frozen
But what can I do?

What I like most about this song is the music. I know that sounds weird, but I mean the piano, guitars, drums, and strings. The crescendos and decrescendos assist the singer (Sharon den Adel, I think) into making this song have the perfect mix of sadness and...what's the word...love, maybe?

I give this song 4 out of 5 stars. As much as I like it, it's not the number one best song out there. But it is definately an awesome song.

By the way, if you want to hear the song/watch the video, click on the title. It'll take you to the video's YouTube page.

rock on,
ella

No comments: